Merchandising Operations Manager
(12 month contract)
Well.ca is in search of an experienced Merchandising Operations Manager to join their growing team! This person will lead a team of approximately 10 members and be responsible for Inventory Management, Promotions and Financial Planning and Content. If you like to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment then this might be the role for you!
Inventory Management - forecasting, ordering, managing (including markdowns, exit strategies)
- Manage overall inventory levels to targets laid out in the budget
- Develop inventory strategies within categories and work with Category Managers to manage inventory within their categories
- Work with Warehouse team and Category Management team to understand the supply factors (e.g. lead-time, supply constraints) for obtaining inventory from the supply market and thereby validate Inventory Planning assumptions Develop/refine overstock processes and managing markdowns to maximize margin and inventory investment Ensure systems and processes produce timely and accurate orders (and adjust as required)
- Review and approve all new product orders and seasonal buys
Promotions - forecasting, ordering, execution
- Develop promotional budgets and calendars
- Review and adjust submitted forecasts in advance of ordering
- Work closely with Marketing to plan weekly email and events
- Ensure promotions active and featured on Well.ca for planned period of time
- Conduct reporting to identify successful and unsuccessful promotions
- Manage content, and inventory & promotions teams
Planning - building budgets for the year, for seasonal programs and events
- Create seasonal budgets and work closely with Category Managers to build seasonal buy plans.
- Create yearly budgets for Inventory levels, Sales and KPI Goal setting.
- At least 5 years of related experience, preferably in vendor management, planning or supply chain
- Strong understanding of retail fundamentals, including retail math
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to lead teams
- Experience collaborating with various other teams and functions
Graphic Designer / Frontend Developer
3 month contract
Well.ca is looking for a skilled Graphic Designer / Frontend Developer with a fresh style that will promote ecommerce conversions while considering the needs of our customers. If you are a talented front-end developer who would like to help build new and exciting consumer-facing products that have beautiful design, UI, and UX then this might be the job for you!
Your time will be split between working with both development and design to create interactive front-end HTML, CSS, and JS in clean, semantic code
You will be responsible for designing and building a responsive, cross platform, UI infrastructure that is as effective on the web as it is across mobile.
Lead by example while designing and implementing clean best-practices maintainable design structures and UX elements
Execute a robust testing methodology while maintaining detailed documentation
Work with key members of the Well.ca team to define the components of the next evolution of our site. Bring to life the ideas of the team involved in site evolution
An understanding of the API / Application layers of design integration and end-to-end skills in user interface concepts will allow you to excel in this role
A portfolio or work samples to convey your sense of style
Experience working with data structures
Strong knowledge of version control systems
Experience working in an agile development environment
The ability to work with custom API's and integrate data
Well.ca is a fun, interactive, cross-functional company. While your goal will be to create the functional components that our frontend design relies on, your knowledge, experience and interests won't go unused.
At the end of your initial 3-month contract, you will have helped one of Canada's leading eCommerce companies solve a number of complex problems while working to design and code new frontend features. Your style and ideas will be referenced as the next generation in retail online.
Previous experience designing for online retail
Functional knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and experience maintaining LAMP in a development environment
Someone who is energetic, works hard, and is fun to work with
A self-starter who is tenacious and creative in finding ways to get things done
Post secondary education in Computer Science or Graphic Design
The ability to meet deadlines and exceed goals
Part-time Warehouse Associate
If you enjoy the reward of a fast-paced environment, as well as the pleasure of sharing a workspace with some truly magnificent individuals, then have we got a position for you!
Well.ca’s Warehouse team is certainly at the core of our company, and it is our goal to make every customer happy, one order at a time. Every Shipping Associate is empowered to ensure quality and accuracy in each order they ship, while contributing to the speed, growth, and improvement of our overall process. As part of the team, your ultimate goal will be to prove to each customer that Well.ca is dedicated to incredible service and quality.
- Receive supplier shipments and sort stock.
- Pick and pack orders quickly and accurately for shipment.
- Assist with monitoring and tracking warehouse inventory.
- Weigh, label, and ship orders using an automated shipping station.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Work as part of a team to encourage growth, innovation, and personal development.
- Candidate must be motivated, hard-working, passionate and detail-oriented
- A strong work ethic and the ability to perform in a team oriented atmosphere is required
- Detail oriented and the drive to initiate change is a must
- Candidate must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Compensation and Hours:
This is a part-time position, and full flexibility is required to accommodate 4 or 8 hour afternoon shifts between the hours of 2pm-10pm, Monday to Friday. Hours may change based on business needs.
Guelph Warehouse- 935 B Southgate Drive, Guelph ON